The ASEAN Puppetry Festival is a biennial puppetry festival showcasing the puppetry arts of Southeast Asia. Held under the auspices of the ASEAN Foundation, it features a cross-section of contemporary Southeast Asian puppetry, with a combination of recognised artists and emerging voices from the region.
From 2nd to 10th November, Singapore will be hosting 2012’s instalment of the Festival, with a series of seminars, workshops and public performances at the Goodman Arts Centre, Asian Civilisations Museum, Esplanade Waterfront, Malay Heritage Centre and other select venues across the island.
- Htwe Oo Myanmar (Myanmar)
- Jampalao Puppet Group (Laos)
- Mascots and Puppets Specialists (Singapore)
- Papermoon Puppet Theatre (Indonesia)
- Persiban (Malaysia)
- Sovanna Phum Arts Association (Cambodia)
- Teatrong Mulat Ng Pilipinas (Philippines)
- The Finger Players (Singapore)
- Vietnam Puppetry Theatre (Vietnam)
- Wayang Golek Ajen (Indonesia)
Frankie will be participating in this Festival as a performer, as well as the creative director for the closing Festival performance. We will be updating our friends with more information as we move forward, but do visit the Festival website, apf2012.org, as well as the Festival’s Facebook page for the latest information!